Wednesday 5 October 2011

Day 9; afternoon

Well what do I say? A short ride of just shy of 70 miles but several of us found it a hard day? Was it the blustery Head wind? Was it the late start? Was it fatigue? I suspect that it was a multude of factors.

We are now heading to Cheltenham for out hotel accommodation which was booked last week as our original accommodation was cancelled!

I feel some what Bum sore but we only have four days left. We have passed a couple of groups/riders who where heading the other direction with full paniers, LEJo'G ers ?

The route today took us on the A49 again from where we left of down to Hereford. From there we joined a route that I cycled in early September along a roller coaster of a road. We perserverd up what felt like the hardest ascent yet to the top. Then we were In Monmouth where I took the lead through the small Market town and on past the back garden of my Uncle in law. Unfortunately no social call(apologies).

Then we continued down the Wye valley and up another longish hill before reaching Chepstow and embarked on the transport.

More later ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment